All images copyright. Do not use without permission.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Scariest bird ever


South Polar Skua, Casey Station
I'm way to busy with Xmas prep so I'm posting an old photo from my trip to Casey 2004-05.

This was one of the skuas that was nesting in the Adelie Penguin colony.

They are very scary, I was lined up by them several times whilst trying to survey the penguins. I often resorted to pulling my backpack over my head and assuming the foetal position!

Wild Bird Wednesday

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Great photo and I wouldn't like one of those birds close to me at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell they are used to having their way -- or else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great bird - and a trip to Casey as well! One day I'll get that far south!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete